Getting your service on to or off a cloud service should be simple, and a good cloud provider will help you every step of the way. Even if you’re leaving….
The actual process can vary depending upon what you are moving in/out.
- Do you have a vast, existing application or dataset, or are you starting from scratch?
- Is your existing application already virtualised or not?
- Have you any data to move in?
- Do you have vast amounts to move out, that might need physically transferring?
- What security level do you need? You may thought about this for your running application, but it needs more thought about getting data in and out.
You might want to think about a service provider who has solution architects to guide you. They get people into and out of data centres all day/week/year, and can guide you to what might be a best option. There’s never only one way, and options change over time as technology and processes develop.