There are many non business critical applications that take up significant development time and storage space to manage in house. Take email for example. What email system you use will not offer you any competitive advantage yet you can still end up spending valuable time, resource and money managing it. These are the perfect applications to run outside of the organisation via the Cloud, freeing up your valuable time to focus on developing business critical applications.
Based on our highly resilient Technology as a Service platform, Exchange as a Service delivers robust, business class, fully functional Microsoft email, priced on a competitive and flexible cost per mailbox basis.
Maintaining a reliable message system is a key function to any IT department. For many organisations mail can be a complex and demanding function that results in expensive support costs.
Hosting your email via the Cloud offers very compelling cost savings over traditional business models. We offer highly secure solutions at IL3 on a competitive, flexible cost per mailbox basis.
Our email solution is based on Microsoft Exchange and delivers all the rich functionality associated with the World’s leading email package.
The price for the solution is based upon a standard mailbox, backup and access capability detailed below:-
- Connection to IL3 network
- 1Gb Mailbox data size
- 10 Day backup retention
- Contact Management
- Service includes calendar, tasks and contact management
- Based on Microsoft Exchange
- Protected working
- Access available via full Outlook client or Outlook Web Access (OWA)
- Delivered from a private infrastructure platform available only to the UK Government community
- Network Connection GSX, GCF, PSN
- Data centre conforms to and exceeds the open uptime standards to a Tier 3 data centre
- Minimum Contract 1 Month
Virus Protection: The service shall be protected from viruses through the deployment of multiple levels and vendors of anti-virus solutions.
Mailbox Recovery: Recovery of a mailbox from backup shall be completed within 4 Hours from the point of request by the customer through the customer portal.
The e-mail service is designed to be highly resilient and will failover automatically to a secondary data centre in the event of the primary systems failing. All data is replicated between data centres to ensure availability and recovery is always available.
Additional services are available to enhance the basic service:-
- Additional mailbox storage
- Longer backup retention
- Mobile device access
- Encryption for mail to non IL3 Users
If required, the 99.90% services are available to buy on the Government Cloudstore. You can find them by going to the Cloudstore and searching for the G100.017 part no.
- £8.50per mailbox per month
- Secure Microsoft Exchange
- Failover to 2nd data centre
- IL3 security
- Cloudstore Part No. G100.017