Try And Buy Cloud Applications To Get Huge Cost Savings
Traditionally, when a customer wants to look at introducing different business processes, there can easily be as many as ten different software solutions to evaluate to see whether they match the new practice.
It’s a time consuming exercise to test whether the software is what you are looking for and whether it can be run on existing systems. But with Cloud, the IT department no longer needs to get involved in worrying about compatibility. The business owner can deal direct with the software vendor focusing on functionality without consulting with the IT team.
Rather than installing and testing ten different solutions and whittling them down over weeks and months, Cloud enables the company’s decision-makers to make a much more informed decision more quickly, by trialing software already live and hosted in the Cloud.
There are a number of advantages to following this approach:-
- The latest Cloud software solutions have come as a result of many years of testing and understanding the needs of organisations.
- Been built around best practice.
- Already been tailored to solve most of the issues faced by an organisation.
- Many other organisations have already been using them in similar situations.
Return on investment is an important consideration when choosing Cloud applications and the policy of the government in this decision-making process is interesting because in the past they’ve procured software aiming to be 100 per cent perfect when really they may only need 80 per cent of its capabilities to carry out the vast majority of their needs.
When every decision about whether to go ahead with buying an application is made by a committee, it can prove to be expensive, because in reality, if 80 per cent of the software will more than adequately complete the necessary tasks, then do you really need to buy the other 20 per cent?
In a cash-conscious era when every penny and pound is scrutinised by the general public, value for money is even more important. Trialing software in the Cloud, that is already live and being used by similar organisations, should become the procurement methodology of the future.
- Would Cloud Delivery Of Department Applications Increase User Mobility Leading To A Reduction In Costs?
- Am I Ready For Cloud?
- Holyrood Cloud Computing Conference, Edinburgh – Tuesday 25th September
- Are Open Data Standards Key To Cloud Success?
- Can You Have Fewer Data Centres, Delivering Better Services, By Using A Common Cloud Solution?
Tags: buy cloud, cloud software, cloud software solutions, g-cloud, government cloud, try and buy cloud